GSMForum BD

Go Back   GSMForum BD > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iOS Games, application & media area
Register FAQDonate Forum Rules Calender Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
gsm_anwar
Co-Admin

Thanked 1,363 Times in 436 Posts
gsm_anwar is on a distinguished road
Arrow How to Downgrade iTunes

Sometimes there might come a time when you need to downgrade your iTunes. Obviously if your reading this then you probably already have a reason why you need to downgrade. So without going into all the reasons for needing to downgrade...

iTunes 9 has caused a lot of issues with apps such as iFunBox, iSutal, iPhoneBrowser, PDANet, MyWi etc, to not work anymore. So this will describe how to downgrade from iTunes 9 back to iTunes 8.2.1 Other versions of iTunes should be similar.

Before you being make sure that ALL of your iPhone/iPod devices are unplugged from your computer.
  • For XP goto the control panel and open up Add or Remove Programs
  • For Vista goto the control panel and open up Programs and Features
  • Now you need to uninstall the following programs, after you have finished installing all of the programs below, REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER!

Now after your computer has rebooted you can go ahead and install the version of iTunes that you want to downgrade to.

Also see this thread for [Only Registered Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]

After you are finished installing iTunes, try to open iTunes. If iTunes opens without any errors then you are done. But you more than likely will receive an error message that looks like this.

So to fix this issue you need to find your previously backed up iTunes Library files. Your probably saying to yourself "oh shit I never backed up my library file! No worries because iTunes backs up your library automatically when you upgrade to a new version.
  • You need to search your computer for a folder called Previous iTunes Libraries
  • Once you have found the folder open it up and you should a at least ONE file that looks like the ones below. You need to take the most current file which in my case is iTunes Library 2009-09-09.itl

• Now you need to rename that file to iTunes Library.itl
  • Now you need to goto your iTunes folder which should be UP one folder from the Previous iTunes Libraries folder that you are in now. As you can see from the picture above my Previous iTunes Libraries folder is located at D:\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries so to get to the iTunes folder I just need to go UP one folder which will take me to D:\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
  • Now you need to replace your iTunes Library.itl with your new iTunes Library.itl and that's it!
gsm_anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsm_anwar For This Useful Post:
gsm_sagor (07-25-2015)
Sponsored Links
Welcome
To see more of this thread, please login or register.